to make you whole
Golf Cart Accidents
Golf carts are popular vehicles on golf courses and in many communities in California and other parts of the U.S. While golf carts cannot travel at the speed of motor vehicles, it is important to know that serious golf cart accidents and injuries can occur. Indeed, a golf cart accident can happen quickly, and passengers can sustain serious and life-threatening injuries.
There are many different ways in which golf cart crashes occur, and it is essential to understand how these accidents happen. When a golf cart collision happens because of another party’s negligence, it may be possible to file a claim for financial compensation against the operator of the cart, or the owner.
If you or someone you love got hurt in a golf cart accident, you should learn more about filing a lawsuit by speaking with an experienced golf cart accident attorney.Getting the Facts About Golf Cart Accidents
It may surprise you, but golf carts can pose serious injury risks that are nearly equivalent to the risks of larger and faster motor vehicles. According to data from esurance.com, golf carts account for many serious accident and injuries every year:
- Passengers can be thrown from a golf cart and sustain serious injuries even when a golf cart is traveling at speeds as low as 11 miles per hour;
- Approximately 10,000 visits to emergency rooms occur every year as a result of golf cart accidents;
- Around 40% of golf cart injuries happen when a passenger falls out of a golf cart; and
- About 10% of all golf cart injuries occur because of a rollover accident.
Golf cart accidents, including those that happen at seemingly low speeds, can result in severe injuries. Examples of common injuries in golf cart wrecks include but are not limited to the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs;
- Broken bones or fractures;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Bruising and hematomas;
- Sprains and strains;
- Internal bleeding and other internal injuries;
- Amputations; and
The types of injuries that can happen in a golf cart accident can be just as severe as those sustained in a motor vehicle collision or in another type of crash.Safety Tips to Prevent Golf Cart Accidents
According to esurance.com, the following are some important tips to prevent golf cart accidents:
- Wear a seatbelt;
- Slow down whenever you make a turn;
- Honk the horn of a golf cart at intersections so that you can be seen;
- Never consume alcohol before driving a golf cart; and
- Avoid driving a golf cart on sidewalks, sticking to spacing designed for golf cart use.
As the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) underscores, thousands of serious and life-threatening injuries could be prevented if people paid more attention to safety issues when driving golf carts.Contact a Golf Cart Accident Attorney
Did you recently sustain injuries in a serious golf cart accident? Was someone you love harmed as a result of a golf cart accident? You may be able to file a claim for compensation and should discuss your case with a dedicated golf cart accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact the Walton Law Firm to learn more about the personal injury services we provide to plaintiffs and their families.