Deprivation of Dignity
Under federal law, all nursing residents are guaranteed basic rights. In fact, the law requires that the Nursing Home Bill of Rights be in writing available to any resident who requests it. A San Diego nursing home negligence lawyer can help you seek justice after a violation of these rights. What rights are protected in the Bill of Rights?
- The right to be informed that the resident is entitled to these rights.
- The right to be informed about the services, and the charges for those services.
- The right to be informed about one's own medical condition.
- The right to choose a physician and pharmacy.
- The right to handle your own finances.
- The right to privacy, dignity, and respect.
- The right to be free of abuse and restraint.
- The right to speak up without the threat of retaliation.
- The right to receive a visitor of your own choosing.
- The right to a safe and clean living environment.
The nursing home negligence lawyers at Walton Law Firm have successfully prosecuted nursing homes and other care facilities in civil courts in the San Diego area for depriving nursing home residents of dignity in violation of the nursing home bill of rights. If you have questions about such neglect please submit your confidential question online, or call Walton Law Firm for a free and private consultation with an attorney. We can be reached toll free at (866) 607-1325 or locally at (760) 607-1325.