Farmers Auto Insurance Claims
Nobody gets into the driver’s seat of an automobile with the expectation of being involved in a serious or deadly car crash. However, car accidents occur much more often than you might expect. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), motor vehicle accident fatalities have increased in recent years, with a total of 3,623 deaths in 2016. In particular, the rate of alcohol-impaired and drug-impaired collisions rose significantly, while fatal collisions involving distracted driving, teen drivers, and pedestrians also increased significantly.
If you were involved in a motor vehicle crash, you likely are learning more about your options for filing an insurance claim. With the help of a Farmers auto insurance claims lawyer, you may be able to obtain a reasonable settlement from the insurance company. When the insurance company refuses to make a reasonable offer or the negligent driver’s insurance limits prevent you from obtaining the compensation you deserve, an advocate at the Walton Law Firm can speak with you about filing a civil lawsuit.Steps for Filing a Farmers Auto Insurance Claim
Whenever you are filing an auto insurance claim, it is important to be aware of important steps in the claims process. The following are steps that may be able to help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve from Farmers Insurance:
- Document the scene of the accident: Before you even think about filing a claim with Farmers—whether Farmers is your own insurance company or the insurance company of the negligent driver—it is important to do everything you can to document the scene of the crash. You should take photographs with your smartphone from multiple angles, and you should photograph both the damage or injuries that occurred as well as the larger scene of the collision. Your Farmers auto insurance claims attorney can work with an accident reconstruction expert to show that you were not responsible for the crash, based in part on the evidence in your photographs, in order to get Farmers Insurance to make a reasonable settlement offer.
- Gather contact information for witnesses and other parties involved in the crash: You should take down the names, contact information, and other identifying materials for anyone at the scene who witnessed the accident, as well as for anyone who was involved in the accident. Your lawyer can speak with these parties and can help to build a strong case showing that another driver was liable and that you deserve to be compensated for your losses.
- Speak with your insurance company as soon as possible: After the accident, whether you will be filing a claim with Farmers or another insurance company, it is important to contact your own insurance company as soon as possible. You should give only facts in response to questions posed by the insurance company, and if the insurer asks for any subjective information—such as who was at fault in the crash, or how you believe the accident occurred—make clear that you will refer the insurance agent to your attorney.
- Know that Farmers Insurance is not on your side: Whether you have been paying into a Farmers Insurance policy for years or are filing a third-party Farmers claim through the responsible party’s insurance company, it is essential to remember that the insurance company is not on your side and will not advocate for your right to compensation. Only your lawyer can advocate for a fair and strong insurance settlement.
- Hire an attorney to handle your Farmers claim: The sooner you begin working with a Farmers auto insurance claims attorney, the sooner you may be eligible to receive compensation.
Whether you were injured in a motor vehicle crash in San Diego County or elsewhere, an experienced Farmers auto insurance claims attorney can assist with your case. Walton Law Firm has been handling auto accident claims against Farmers Insurance for 20 years and is ready to help you. Contact Walton Law Firm to learn more about the services we provide to clients in California.